Did you know?
This week from the 1-7 June is VOLUNTEERS’ WEEK 2019, a UK wide campaign now in its 35th year.
The primary objective of the week is to recognise, celebrate and thank volunteers and encourage more people from across the UK to do the same and get volunteering.
There are so many reasons why volunteering is good for you, here are our top 8:
- You feel good when you helping other people.
- You can gain valuable new skills and experiences,
- Supporting and helping a worthy cause can help to boost your confidence.
- Find purpose in your life by making a difference
- Meet new people and make new friends
- Connect with your local community
- Contribute to a cause that you feel strongly about
- Explore new areas of interest
If you’d like to find out more or get involved click here.